Laboratory Assistant - Buffer preparation
We are looking for a laboratory assistant to join our microbiology QC team. Do you want to support the analysts that test for seed health in plants? Then apply now for this position of lab assistant in buffer preparation!
Dou you want to be involved in the start of the food chain and contribute to healthy vegetables? Our client specializes in the development and growth of hybrid vegetable seeds such as tomato, cucumber and bell pepper.
In the laboratory different seeds are sown, grown and after a visual check transplanted for further research. The quality testing team preforms microbiological tests to evaluate the seed health, and they are looking for someone to join their team. In the rol of laboratory assistant you will work in preparation of buffers, media, antibiotic solutions and other reagents when necessary. You will need to plan your work effectively to ensure the reagents don't run out of stock. Furthermore you will support in administration, inventory management, and maintenance of the laboratory equipment. You are an essential team member, so whenever co-workers come to you with requests you will use your communicative skills to help them and communicate your priorities.
- Preparation of buffers, media, and other solutions;
- Manage stock and inventory;
- Planning and administration,
- Assisting the analysts in their microbiology tests;
- Ensure quality and safety guidelines;
- MBO level in your work;
- At least a year of (internship)experience in the laboratory is a must;
- Experience with inventory management is a pré;
- Familiarity with an quality regulated environment is considered a huge advantage;
- Available fulltime;
- Good communicative skills in Dutch or English;
- You have a hands-on mentality and are a team player;
- Employment contract: 1 year via Oxford Global Resources, with a possible extension afterwards;
- Salary indication: € 2100,- to € 2600,- gross per month, depending on education and experience;
- Working hours: fulltime (38 hours)
- Region: Delft
- Vacancy number: 21349
Important note; Residence permit is required. Please do not apply if you do not have a residence permit to live and work in the Netherlands. Your application will not be processed