The RtR accountant will play a critical role in the end to end process of record to report in EHQ of the European companies of Israel Chemicals Ltd. (ICL), a leading global specialty minerals company. Main activities are to prepare financial and managerial reporting for ICL European entities. This position will report to the Reporting Manager BU Industrial Products / Phosphate & Potash.
About the role:
- The role will have responsibility for all operational activities related to record to report process led by the EHQ for the relevant Europe ICL companies.
- Prepare upload files for reporting into the global consolidation system and manage queries from Israel HQ teams with support of manager
- Answer independently queries from Israel HQ regarding monthly/quarterly/annual reporting for assigned entity(ies)
- Perform quarterly balance sheet & P&L reviews with documented scopes / thresholds which demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the changes taking place within the entity
- Lead annual/quarterly audit by preparing required schedules and interacting directly with the external auditors; as well, draft audit report inclusive of required disclosures in compliance with IFRS or another applicable framework
- Prepare statutory annual accounts and alignment with external auditor for annual statutory audit
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders within the business, such as the business controller, local HR team, and/or the Head of Finance
- Perform assigned internal control/SOX activities
- Develop understanding of transactions taking place within all areas of the balance sheet and P&L and control these transactions
- Develop deep understanding of the principal activities within the assigned entity(ies)
- Draft position papers based upon applicable accounting framework
- Keep abreast of new accounting pronouncements and their impact on assigned entity(ies)
- Execute the group’s transfer pricing policies and procedures
- Achieves 8 hours annually of professional education courses specifically relating to work currently being performed
- Represent Record-to-Report team within interdisciplinary project teams, raising issues to management
- Develop/lead (cross-functional) initiatives to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of processes in the EHQ and sees them through to completion
- Assist with upload of annual budget
- Ad-hoc tasks and projects as and when assigned by manager
- To be successful in this challenging role, you have a Bachelors- or Masters Degree in Finance or Accounting. You must have at least 3 years of relevant working experience in an accounting and/or reporting related role in a large multi-national (preferably in a shared service environment).
Furthermore, you'll need:
- Knowledge of general ledger operational accounting
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Strong knowledge of reporting systems, preferably SAP and SAP consolidation system;
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, Word and Power point;
- A business orientation and to be a dedicated team player with a pragmatic approach;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both written and verbal;
ICL Europe Coöperatief U.A., Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
We kindly request applicants to apply if you are in possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands.
For more information about this position you can contact Vivian Boers at +31 643204009