Where you fit in
The Finance Advisor offers a challenging & broad finance opportunity within the Finance team supporting Shell’s business in Europe. This role will contribute to the energy transition at the heart of Shell’s business in Europe with the opportunity to get exposed to both commercial and operations finance.
You will also be working in an international environment with colleagues in multiple countries. You will collaborate with the business, other finance teams and other stakeholders in a complex and virtual environment. The job requires excellent communication with the various stakeholders in multiple locations, including senior management.
What’s the role?
As a Finance Advisor, we’ll be looking to you to provide world class business decision support to the full range of new business development and strategic projects. You will work on improving the bottom line of existing operations, are involved in areas of complex contracts, control frameworks concerns, business performance management and financial reporting and accounting matters. You will work closely with the business to deliver a set of clearly defined business outcomes across multiple projects, activities, and assets.
More specifically, your role will include:
- Deliver the full suite of Finance support to new projects and existing operations (including but not limited to deal structuring, economic modelling, risk management, tax, treasury, accounting, and reporting) autonomously and coordinate the involvement of specialists as needed.
- Independently ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision-making and business performance management.
- Independently ensure that a proper functioning control framework is in place and that risks are properly understood, reflected, and managed
- End-to-end understanding of financials, processes and systems related to the business entity to ensure management is in control.
- Ensure a fit for purpose performance management system is in place
- Work with Finance Operations and business teams to lead, initiate and deliver structural improvement projects
- On a portfolio level, provide finance leadership on business performance issues like Working Capital Management, portfolio risk etc.
- Brings new proposals of high value activities to the leadership team and actively look for opportunities to reduce non-value adding Finance activity
What we need from you?
You’re someone who is self-motivated to working independently with focus on delivery. You are also motivated by getting exposure to new initiatives and challenges. You have excellent analytical skills to understand complex structures. You are results focused and have a problem-solving mindset. A proven ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value, and risk.
Beyond that, we’d hope to see as many of the following as possible:
- Expertise across the spectrum of Finance competences, with an understanding of the implications of business activities on financial functional activities, such as risk, accounting, tax, and treasury
- Project management skills and flexibility given the support across multiple activities/assets
- Experience in valuation, economic modelling, risk, and exposure management is an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to work in diverse cultural environments.
About Shell NL
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.